In a far, far away perfect SEO…
“I sense great fear in you, Skywalker”. Count Dooku
They are many digital marketers, business owners, content creators and SEO specialist panicking about what will be the future of SEO in 2016, the core ranking algorithm update, the Phantom Update, the new New Penguin Algorithm Update or any big search algorithm changes.
“Remember…the Force will be with you, always.” Obi Wan Kenobi
According to my latest research I believe that the key points for a successful SEO campaign in 2016 are based on:
- Creating original, relevant and well-researched content
- Answering all the requested questions in a simple and clear way
- Making your website mobile friendly and responsive to all devices
- Providing the same optimum experience in a mobile or a desktop
- Focusing on a better visual experience
- Managing the visual space in your website layout
- Prioritising the most relevant information
- Speeding up your website
- Applying KISS (‘Keep it simple, stupid’ principle)
- Using the ‘Call-Only’ ads to increase the call conversion
- Integrating your SEO strategy with your content marketing
- Taking into the ultimate use of long-take keywords
- Providing structure data for everything you can.
It’s a trap!” – Admiral Ackbar
Black Hat SEO will not disappear in 2016, while Google operates on algorithms, many search engine optimisers and webmasters will find the way to trick those algorithm. However, certain black hat SEO practices will not be going anywhere for a long time in 2016. Therefore, setting a campaign based upon Black hat SEO techniques is a trap that might cost you time, money, authority and effort.
“You cannot hide forever, Luke.” Darth Vader.
Exposing your business’ achievements, articles, projects and awards on Social Media is very important for the good development of a SEO campaign for 2016, particularly Google Plus, which is a social network often overlooked by businesses and individual users.
Despite the lack of active users updating and checking Google+ on daily basis, this doesn’t mean that it cannot be really useful for increasing the findability, SEO and the searcher experience.
By using this important Google’s social media tool, Google will grant your business with the box on the right hand side in which Internet Users will find further information about your brand, location, pictures, reviews, offers and more. There is also very important to remember that Google+ is one of the synergic elements that make together with YouTube channel, Google My Business and Google Webmaster tool the linking everything to your website.
Summarising this SEO WARS 2016 in simple words, Search Engine Optimisation should be focussed on content management, usability, Social media activities starting by Google+, and considering mobile devices as the lighthouse to guide your efforts.
…to be continue